Thursday 14 June 2007

Kinksi: Ich brauche Liebe

kinskiichbrauche.jpg
I just love everything about this cover: the lay-out, the title and especially the photo...

Just started reading Klaus Kinski's autobiography Ich brauche Liebe (I need love). If I understand correctly, this weird, half-crazy, maniacal actor's writings are much like himself. Werner Herzog even claims the book is full of lies. But knowing that, I think it might just sort of add to his whole unique image... or legend, as someone claims on the backsite.

Has anyone also read this book, or the English version Kinski Uncut?

4 comments:

FilmWalrus said...

I recently named my new cat Kinski.

Anyway, I haven't read the book, but am definitely interested. If you finish it (or already have, please post a review and your thoughts).

Glad to see another Italian genre enthusiast join the fold. I write occasionally on the giallo (and Diabolik) at The Film Walrus Reviews.

http://filmwalrus.blogspot.com/search/label/Italian%20Horror

I'll be keeping an eye on your blog.

Mahonie said...

Hi Walrus,

Wow, calling your pet Kinski, that I didn't think of that...

I will review the book, but it might take some time for me to finish it. My german is too good, but I manage pretty well if I don't hurry.

Great blog you have, I put a link up.

Regards, Niels

FilmWalrus said...

Thanks for the link.

I hope the book is good. My German is terribly rusty but I might try to get my brother to read it. He is a big Herzog fan and fluent in the language.

Mahonie said...

Oops, I meant: my german is NOT too good.. haha.
But using dictionaries and context I manage pretty well...
But I can't wait till I get to the "film"-parts, where he talks about Herzog (I'm a huge fan of him myself also) and about acting in some spaghetti westerns.